gauperaa
an espresso lover's blog



Tuesday, October 14, 2003

 
Sigh, I was supposed to stop by Temperato today, but they were too busy. I'm really curious about the new autofrothing steam arm that is available as an accessory to the "Rancilio classe 10" pro machine. It is called "TSC (Temperature System Cappuccino)". According to Alexander von der Lippe it works surprisingly well and he has been using it a lot :). Milk temp is fully adjustable and the arm is coated with something (teflon?) that prevents burning. Basically you just put the arm into the milk and it does all the work, stopping when the milk reaches the right temperature. This sounds like great news for the coffee industry. The average quality of milk based coffee drinks would be greatly improved.

Check out a recent article about it at the www.temperato.no site.

I will post some pictures and comments here about it after I've checked it out. Probably sometime next week.

I also hope to have an article about homeroasting online next week. It is in norwegian. Let me know if you want me to translate it to english for publishing here on the blog.

Stopped by Stockfleths (Lille Grensen, Oslo) today for a double cappa and an espresso. Great stuff. I was so ready for some espresso based drinks after not drinking any for several days. I need to roast some beans, but keep postponing it since I'm busy with other things. Stockfleths is a really nice coffee bar. It was a bit busy today, but I got to chat some with the baristas, among them Eirik Johnsen. I love the fact that they serve espresso at an affordable price (only 15 NoK), but I always tip at least 5 kroner because it is so good!

I got a mail today from Anna Bergkvist, the swedish barista that won the "Beige award" barista championship this year. I've been trying to contact her for an interview the next time I am in Sweden. She works in Malmø which is close to Helsingborg where a good friend of mine lives. I will probably visit him sometime before Christmas and bring him along when I do the interview.

10/14/2003 04:56:00 PM  


Comments: Post a Comment
/archives


My e-mail




Blog highlights

NM 2005 pics #1
NM 2005 pics #2
Oslo qual 2004 pics
NM 2004 pics #1
NM 2004 pics #2
WBC 2004 pictures
Mocca bar pictures
Stockfleths move video
Stockfleths cupping
E2K review (16.05.2003)
SH roastery visit
Scarecrow popper


Superb espresso in Oslo

Stockfleth's Lille Grensen
Stockfleth's Tinghuset
Java
Mocca
Kaffefuglen


Latte art links

Step by step rosetta
Milk texturing and pouring
Latte art 101
Milk texturing basics
Milk texturing and pre..
Luigi Lupi homepage
Luigi Lupi video, Trieste 2004
Temperato video
Artigiano video
Sammy video
My video
Steve Wong video
Benson Mirhan video
My E2K Jr microfoam video
Temperato article (norwegian)
CG Milk Frothing Guide
CG member examples
Dutch latte art championship



Please rate my blog

Excellent
Very good
Good
I guess it's ok
Completely boring
I hate it...and you too

Click a link to cast your vote



Various links

Tim Wendelboe
Coffeegeek
Temperato (dealer)
Kenneth Davids
Dutch Barista Guild
Vivace
SCAE norway
Barista G. Board
Latest alt.coffee posts
WBC homepage
Nordic Barista Cup
Too Much Coffee
Stavanger Kaffebrenneri
Kaffebønna
Stockfleths
portafilter.net


Blogs

Jimmy's blog
Malachi's blog
Fortune's blog
Alistair's blog
Bloggle: the coffee odyssey
The Blue Bottle Clown College
Tonx's blog
Audun's blog
Jeroen's blog



My latest photo
at Flickr







Powered by Blogger